When it comes to makeup application, the right tools make all the difference. I still remember buying my very first eyeshadow brush and the amazing difference there was after using those little dinky “brushes” you get in eyeshadow sets. Over the years, I have expanded my collection. Today I thought I would share my favourites.
1. Flower Beauty, Ultimate Powder Brush. I love brush for a few reasons. First, it’s so pretty! And secondly, it’s so soft, but not so soft that it can’t hold product. I use this for setting powder all over my face.
2. Quo, Crease Brush. I think I’ve had this brush for at least two or three years (and is a replacement for one I had for three or four before that). This is my favourite brush for placing shadow in the crease and blending it out.
3. Sephora, Precision Shadow Brush. This is one of my newest brushes in my collection. I love this for adding a darker shade for some definition, or when I want a little shimmer on the lid without it getting everywhere.
4. Mac, 217 Blending Brush. Everything you’ve heard about this brush is true — that is the good stuff. I only use this to blend shadow that I’ve already placed on the lid. You can definitely use this as a does-everything-kind-of-eyebrush, but for me it works best as the last step. How did I ever live without it?!
5. Sephora, Classic Setting Powder Brush #53. When I first bought this one, I used it to set my concealer and often my whole face. But now, I use it for bronzer because of it’s thinner than any other powder brush I own and don’t want to be bronzing my face too much.
6. Quo, All Over Shadow Brush. I’ve had this one for years. Like years and years. I’m not even sure how long. This is my favourite brush for putting on my base eyeshadow because it really holds onto the powder and distributes it perfectly even.
7. Sephora, Pro Large Domed Stippling Brusg #41. I really like using this to quickly put on my foundation when I don’t feel like using my fingers or just Beauty Blender. It distributes product really well, and is firm enough to keep on the product from getting sucked into the brush, but soft enough that it is nice to use all over my face.
8. Revlon, Extra Curl Lash Curler. The beauty tool I ever used was a eyelash curler. I was probably twelve or thirteen (I didn’t start wearing makeup until fourteen), and haven’t put it down since. I could live without makeup, but I’m not sure if I could live without a lash curler. I really like this one because it’s gentle on my lashes, but still gives them a really good curl.
9. beautyblender, The Original Beautyblender. Another hyped up product that deserves all the praise it gets. I use this every day to blend out my concealer, sometimes to blend in foundation, and often I’ll go over blended foundation with it. Who knew a wet sponge could be so amazing?
What are your favourite brushes and tools? Anything you can’t live without?