Another quiet week here. I’ve spent time trying out some new products, realizing that my hair is growing (finally!) and I can do more with it than I thought.I spent some time organizing and cleaning in order to take photos for my home tour post on our living room, which I posted yesterday. I’ve also spent more time at home, cleaning, organizing, doing laundry.. it never ends. But things are starting to stay organized and put together for the most part (minus our bedroom — still figuring that out) and it’s nice when it takes me minutes rather than hours — progress!
I also tried making something that my mom used to make for us all the time when we were kids — personal pizzas on English muffins. They were so good, and a definite win with the husband, so I will definitely be making them again in the future. Christopher and I have been really good about cooking at home and not eating out much, but we did treat ourselves to some fast food the other night, and it was delicious — making it a treat rather than the norm makes it so much better.
With all the rain we had last week it’s been nice to have some summer temperatures this week. Any time spent outside has been a treat. It’s a good thing (or maybe not such a good thing) that we live so close to a 7-11 (it’s a two-minute walk). I will definitely be buying my fair share of slurpees over the coming months.
Here are some of my favourite things from this week:
- What day wouldn’t be better with these fun Pancake Pops?
- Finally a beauty guru who is honest and realistic about contouring.
- My favourite moment from the Tonight Show this week was definitely Black Simon and Garfunkfel covering Taylor Swift’s “Bad Blood”
- 10 Tips to Add Personality to a Rental.
- This post, which has convinced me that I really do need to try Makeup Geek shadows.
- This side-braid tutorial that I mentioned on Instagram.
This weekend, like most will be quiet and without too much excitement. Today I will be organizing and cleaning out our bedroom and tonight, I’m watching my niece and nephew, which is always one of my favourite things to do — those kids just melt my heart.
What have you been loving this week? What are you up to for the weekend?