I’ve really enjoyed making up these gift guides this week, and I think I’ve saved the best for last. When I was working at a bookstore, I learned a lot about what books sell, and what to sell with those book (it’s all about the bundling). For today’s gift guide, I’ve chosen a few of my favourite reads, and albums from the year, and everything that the reader and music lover on your list would enjoy (because sometimes it’s about creating the perfect reading and listening environment). If you have a book or music lover on your list, keep reading!
1. Rifle Paper Co., In Bloom Book Collection ($64, or $16 each). These are some of the prettiest books out there right now, and perfect for any book collector (I personally have three copies of Little Women and I am not ashamed).
2. Out of Print, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn T-Shirt ($30). Any reader would love a t-shirt of their favourite book. Out of Print has a wide range of classic book covers featured on t-shirts, sweaters, bags and accessories perfect for any book lover.
3. Crosley, Portable Cruiser Record Player ($110). Music lovers are sure to love these fun turntables, available in different colours and patterns. This is definitely on my list this year.
4. FRENDS, Layla Headphones ($200). The rose gold detailing on these headphones is just perfect. I also love that these aren’t too bulky, so you don’t feel like your head is suddenly 10 inches wider.
5. Erik Didriksen, Pop Sonnets ($16). From the genius tumblr page of the same name, this collection features lyrics of famous pop songs re-written in sonnet form. The perfect choice for music and book lovers alike.
6. Voluspa, Goji Tarocco Orange Candle ($10). These are my favourite candles. They smell delightful, and because they are made from coconut wax, they burn cleanly and for a really long time. A beautiful smelling candle is perfect for creating a peaceful reading experience.
7. Kate Spade, Take Note Notebook ($22). For the reader who is always taking notes, keeps a list of future books to read, or is also writer.
8. Leon Bridges, Coming Home Vinyl ($16.50). If you’re giving a record player, than you’re going to need a record, right? This is probably my favourite album of the year, and the vintage sound is meant to be heard on vinyl (I’m giddy thinking of how good that would sound with the pops of the vinyl sound).
9. Mindy Kaling, Why Not Me? ($32). For anyone who enjoys The Office, The Mindy Project or good humour mixed with life lessons and sage advice.
What’s on your list this year? What would you add to this gift guide?