Happy New Year! It’s so strange to me that it’s already January 1st, and that it’s 2016. How did that happen? 2015 went by so quickly, especially the last quarter of the year. I feel like September was a week ago, and now it’s January. I have some good stuff coming up in the next month, but first, I want to share with you some of my goals for the coming year. I’m not one to make resolutions, but I will make goals. I have a lot of goals for this year, both personal and blog related, but I today I am going to share five with you. These five are part of other goals, like simplifying my life, getting out of my comfort zone, and saving money.
- Put more thought into my purchases. Of course, I could just make a goal not to spend money, but I don’t think that’s very realistic for me. When it comes to this blog, I do sometimes need to spend money in order to test out new products, or just to replace things that I use up. However, I definitely need to work on spending less, and putting thought into what I’m spending our money on. I can be quite impulsive in my spending, and while that can sometimes be good, it usually isn’t because it means I will buy something that I don’t need, don’t love, or don’t really have a use for. I want to make my purchases, especially when it comes to clothing, last and help me be a better version of myself, but I don’t want to spend money just to spend it because that never ends well.
- Do more scrapbooking. This week, I’ve been working on finishing our wedding album and it’s reminded me of how much I love scrapbooking. I use Project Life cards and it makes it so easy to do! I have a lot of pictures that need to be put into albums from this last year, as well as some from years previous, and I want to make it a habit to do often so that I’m not always behind. Once I use up the cards I currently have (which would probably take me all year), I might start using the Project Life App again because that means I save space in our home, and can do it in minutes on my phone or iPad.
- Create a capsule wardrobe. Capsule wardrobes are the new buzz word around the blog world, but I think it’s for good reason. It makes so much sense to me, and would really help with my first goal to be thoughtful about my purchases. I don’t have one ready for the winter, but my goal is to have one by March for Spring and continue the rest of year as the seasons change. If you don’t know yet what a capsule wardrobe entails, you can read all about it here.
- Master eyeliner. I am rubbish at using eyeliner. I can never get it straight, or if I do it’s too thick, and I always feel like it just doesn’t look right on me. But those few times when I’ve done it (I sometimes practice at night before I take off my makeup), I like the way it adds fullness to my lash line and definition to my eyes. This year, I will finally master eyeliner. It will happen!
- Make a new friend. I’m an introvert (though I do enjoy socializing sometimes), so making friends isn’t very easy for me. In new situations (and even in ones where I’m comfortable), I prefer to sit back and observe. I think I learned this skill earlier on when I was little as I would often sit around the table with the adults after family dinners or visiting family friends, and I would just sit and listen to their conversations. I enjoy being around people, but I’m not good at initiating conversation, or even at initiating an invitation to just hang out with a friend. This year, I want to work on that skill, and along with that, I’d like to make a new friend, not necessarily a best friend (I have some good ones), but just someone who I can invite over to watch Audrey Hepburn movies with me, or to go out to lunch with.
As the year goes on, I’ll report back on how I’m doing with these goals, and possibly add more if needed.
What are your goals for 2016? Let me know in the comments below!